Dr. Chung is a graduate of Northeastern University College of Pharmacy, Boston, Massachusetts. He received his medical training from Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, and post- graduate OB/GYN residency training at Albany Medical Center, N.Y. He is a Fellow of American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and American College of Surgeons. He is Board Certified in General OB/GYN and Sub Specialty Board certified in FPMRS and received the Advanced Laparoendoscopic Surgeon certification from the Accreditation Council of Gynecologic Endoscopy (A.C.G.E.) of A.A.G.L. #83 in 1995.
He is currently the Director of the Mercy Center of Endometriosis, Pelvic Pain, & Urogynecology, Cleveland Clinic Mercy Hospital, Canton Ohio. His focused interests and researches in the last 30 years have been in advanced Laparoendoscopic surgery, minimally invasive surgery, Urogynecology, treatment of chronic pelvic pain, Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, pudendal nerve dysfunction, Endometriosis and Interstitial cystitis. He performed and taught the first urinary continence TVT procedure in China, 2000.
Board Associations, Memberships and Awards
- Professor, Dept. of OBG, FPM, Northeast Ohio Medical University, NEOMED, Rootstown, Ohio.
- Clinical Professor, Marietta College of Physician Assistant, Ohio.
- Adjunct Professor, Ohio Northern University College of Pharmacy, Ada, Ohio.
- Chairman of the Board - Global Society of Endometriosis and Pelvic pain Surgeons and Global Society of Endoscopic and Pelvic Surgeons (GSEPS)
- President (2011) - International Pelvic Pain Society (IPPS).
- President - Society of Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgeons (SLS) in the year of (2012, 2016)
- Previous two-term Board Member and current Advisory Board Member - International Society of Gynecology Endoscopy (ISGE)
- SLS Ambassador to the SLS Affiliated Societies
- Chair (2011-15), Department of Surgical Services, Lima Memorial Hospital, OH.
- Visiting Professor of Peking Medical University, Beijing, Xi’an Medical University, Xi’an and Bei Hua Medical University, Jilin Province, China.
- Visiting Professor, Chinese Medical University, Shengjing Hospital, Shenyang, China.
- President – 1990-2018, Midwest Regional Center for Endometriosis, Chronic Pelvic Pain and Bladder Control and Alliance for Women’s Health Inc. in Lima, Ohio.
- Served as the Chairman of Surgery Department and Member of the Medical Staff Executive Committee of Lima Memorial Hospital (2011-2015), Lima, Ohio.
- Served as Director of Women’s Health Services and the Center of Excellence for Pelvic Pain, Organs Prolapsed and Bladder Control of Van Wert County Hospital,(2015-2018), Van Wert,
- Honorary Member of The Colombia OB/GYN Society, South America, and The German Romania OBG Society.
- Serves on the Editorial Board of the Journal of The Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, as well as the Chinese Journal of Minimally Invasive Surgery
- “Doctor Honoris Causa” from The Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Timisoara, Romania
- He received “The SLS Surgeon Excel Award” by the Society of Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgeons as the highest Surgical Honor awarded. 2018.